Friday, January 25, 2013

Just keep planning, just keep planning, planning planning


So I really had to think about where to start with this whole Disney thing I really I still don’t know where I’m starting with this! I think this post will just hit some highlights and then I will continue from there. I will just make the next month of blogging all about Disney and hopefully I cover it all. If there is something you are wondering about don’t be shy ask away and if I don’t know the answer I will try my best to find it or point you in the right direction to find your answer!

                When planning a Disney trip the key is to PLAN! There is no such thing as over planning and its never too soon to start planning! PLEASE DON’T DO WHAT I DID LAST YEAR AND THINK A FEW WEEKS IS SUFFICIENT TIME TO PLAN A MAGICAL DISNEY VACATION BECAUSE IT WILL BE A WHOLE LOT OF HEADACHE AND TEARS AND NOT SO MUCH MAGIC!  I am dead serious about this planning thing, you are going to think it’s a bit excessive but really its not. Here are some of the key things you will want to think about when planning:

·         Disney World consists of 4 theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studio and Epcot. (there are also water parks but I won’t be covering them since I know nothing about them) you will need to think about how much time (days) you want to spend at each park and what you want to see and do at each park each day. Take the time to look on Disney World’s web page and look and the maps and the lists of attractions and figure out what you want to see and do for sure. You can see and do most everything if you plan it out down to bathroom breaks! You’ll need a week or more but it can be done!

·         FOOD! You really want to think about when and where you want to eat each day. Disney has table service meals which are sit down order from a menu meal and they cost more and they also have quick service meals which are a lot like fast food they typically have between 8-10 menu items and that’s it. You can bring outside food into the park so pack snacks! I will go into all of this further in a future post.

·         Hotel. You have to think about whether or not you want to stay on site or not. We did not stay on site when we went last year and we regretted it the whole time. Parking got expensive and we didn’t research our resort well enough and ended up wasting a whole day because we found out the hard way it was a timeshare property! We also couldn’t take advantage of a Disney dinning plan.

·         When should you go? There are some times throughout the year that you will defiantly want to avoid Disney world because of heat and the crowd. We went at the end of March (2 weeks after spring break) beginning of April and the heat was just starting to creep up as were the prices!

·         Disney characters. We went last year I was under the impression (thanks to commercials and TV shows) that the characters just roamed the park and it would be a magical moment when my kids could just run up to Mickey Mouse….WRONG!!!  Each character is located in a specific area of the park and a specific time and you have to stand in line! L  So if you are looking to meet one of the characters you will need to….PLAN.

·         What to bring and what to leave behind. I have seen list after list of things to remember to bring and some things I never thought about bringing but wish that I had thought about it last time!

I think those are the main points (I’m sure there are more but my kids have interrupted me so many times I have kinda lost my train of thought).  My next post I will start with when to go and were to stay! I hope this beginning post has enlightened you to start planning you trip today!  See you soon! Then next post will probably be super long so it will take me a few days to get it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment